On April 24, 2019 National Alternative Investment Management Association (NAIMA) together with Ernst&Young (EY), UBA, BGP Litigation and Dsight held the VC Awards 2018 ceremony in Moscow.
A long list of nominees was compiled on the basis of data provided by Dsight, which analysed such indicators as the number of transactions, the number of exits, the volume of investments and the level of influences on the industry.
2018 VC Awards jury members are as follows:
- Svetlana Balanova, IBS General Director;
- Alexey Basov, RVC Investment Director;
- Leo Batalov, Partner DLA Piper;
- Alexander Baulin, Head of Forbes Technology department;
- Fedor Virin, Partner Data Insight;
- Alexander Galitsky, Managing Partner Almaz Capital Partners;
- Kirill Kai, Vice President of Skolkovo Foundation;
- Alexey Kostrov, Executive Director, Moscow SeedFund;
- Alexey Milevsky, Mail.ru Group Investment Director;
- Alexander Pankov, NAIMA Executive Director;
- Vitaly Polekhin, President of the National Association of Business Angels;
- Anton Ustimenko, Partner EY;
- Rostislav Shatenok, Managing Partner of ALTHAUS Group.
The winners of the VC Awards Russia in 2018 are:
- NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR / RISING STAR - Day One Ventures
- ANGEL INVESTOR OF THE YEAR - Alexander Rumyantsev
- ACCELERATOR OF THE YEAR / INVESTOR OF THE YEAR FOR INTERCOM. MARKETS - Target Global
- STRATEGIC PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Mail.ru Group
- LIMITED PARTNER OF THE YEAR - Dmitriy Volkov
- VC FUND OF THE YEAR - iTech Capital
- DEAL OF THE YEAR - Mobile Tele Systems (MTS)
Alexander Pankov, NAIMA Executive Director, said: “The VC Award is an indicator of the maturity of the Russian market. There are a lot of credible players in Russia, and we honor the best of them. The opinion of our distinguish jury, composed of leading experts of the Russian venture industry, is a great validation of our efforts”.