Partner and co-founder of VIYM Andrey Yakunin received an award for his “Contribution to the development of private equity industry in Russia and CIS” at the industry’s most important annual event – IX Russian Private Equity Congress. Over 140 investor community representatives took part in the Congress and voted for the winner in this special nomination.
As a partner and co-founder of VIYM as well as the Chairman of the Board of the National Alternative Investment Management Association (NAIMA), Andrey Yakunin, together with Anatoly Chubais of RUSNANO and RUSPEC, opened the Congress with a keynote address dedicated to the industry’s development perspectives and challenges that the key players in the industry can address by joining efforts.
The National Alternative Investment Management Association (NAIMA), which has been re-electing Andrey Yakunin as the Chairman of its Board for five years in a row, has been actively promoting long-term capital market in Russia. Association covers private equity and venture capital, real estate and infrastructure, absolute return and impact investing. NAIMA took part in organization (including in the Association’s capacity as a partner) of over 80 events dedicated to promoting these classes of assets.
Among the Association’s milestone events are:
- Organization of the first event of the CAIA - Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association- in Moscow;
- Assistance in opening of the first CAIA testing center in Central-Eastern Europe / CIS countries;
- Partnership with EMPEA;
- Successful implementation of the educational program on Private Equities in the Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO, which has been taking place for the past four years and included participation of leading professors from the USA, Europe and Asia. The program was attended by more than 125 MBA students and investment specialists;
- Launch of the Russian Hedge Fund Industry Awards, as well as the organization of educational programs on hedge funds with support from Bloomberg and SKOLKOVO;
- Creation of the Department of PE and VC investments in partnership with one of the leading Russian economics institutes. This initiative serves as a platform for expanding NAIMA's educational and research projects;
- Publication of a series of books by foreign and Russian experts to popularize Private equity and venture investments as tools to increase shareholder value, as well as replicating case studies (Prof. Lerner's first book will be published in Q1 2018);
- Further promotion of the Association in the international arena and increase of interest in the Russian investment market through holding key events with international partners in key financial and technological centers (the next such event will be held on November 22-23 in Paris with the support of the French state fund of funds BPI France);
About the Russian Private Equity Congress
The conference targets representatives of asset management companies running private equity investment funds, law and consulting firms, and companies interested in raising financing by means of private equity, as well as people interested in the current state of the Russian stock market, its tendencies and outlook. The first Russian Private Equity Congress took place in 2009.